Director, MediaApply NowApply Later Job ID oMFEefw3 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May 05, 2021
Hulu’s Growth Marketing team is seeking a Director, Media who will be an exceptional addition to our Marketing team. As a Director, Media at Hulu, you will provide strategic leadership and guidance to the media team and agency partners. The right person for this role is expected to be an inspiring leader, capable of optimizing current efforts and have a deep understanding of traditional, digital and performance media. If you are someone who works well in a fast paced, team based, innovative environment, then this is a great role for you.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and execute large scale media campaigns across all touchpoints to drive business results.
- Collaborate cross functionally with in-house media buying teams, agency partners, media partners, and key stakeholders.
- Develop the strategic direction for media efforts across all channels (Broadcast, Radio, OOH, Print, Digital, Programmatic, Search etc.)
- In partnership with the brand team, assist in the creative direction for all assets while providing direction on standard methodologies by channel.
- Lead and effectively manage an internal team of media experts passionate about planning, testing, and optimization.
- Stay up-to-date with media trends and consumption habits to capitalize on opportunities and drive innovation.
- Leverage large internal data sets to understand performance, adapt to changing behaviors, and evolve strategic direction.
- Lead the negotiation of media placements to ensure the greatest business value for Hulu.
- Develop, lead, and nurture a high performing team by crafting new opportunities and assisting in career development
- Establishes and encourages a culture based on teamwork, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity.
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience. Entertainment experience strongly recommended
- 8+ years of experience in Strategy, Planning, and Traditional/Digital with ability to lead the media planning process
- 5+ years of integrated media experience and managing or developing a staff
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills with the ability to command an audience's attention and displays an exceptional gravitas
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with colleagues, and publishers
- Ability to drive projects from conception to completion; project management experience
- Team player with the ability to play different roles and instill the same approach in the staff
- Working knowledge of third party marketing research: MRI, Simmons, comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen and others
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity with a focus on continual learning and improvement
- Experience in a subscription based business with high customer engagement
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.