Director, Originals Film Marketing and UnscriptedApply NowApply Later Job ID oAeEefwq Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
Hulu’s Marketing team is seeking a Director, Originals Marketing Film and Unscripted to join our Marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned content marketing executive with a track record of driving interest, viewing and engagement for unscripted content and/or films. They will bring a strong track record of building media properties and brands that resonate, layering in innovative approaches, and ultimately delivering campaigns that perform across all channels. The ideal candidate will have the right balance between strategic acumen, digital and social expertise and campaign management skills to drive the business forward. They will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. They will be passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun, with a management style that emphasizes collaboration, communication and commitment on all levels.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as the strategic leader and voice for the originals marketing function across unscripted and film, focused on building strong brands and effective campaigns for Hulu’s amazing slate of original content
- Set the short- and long-term strategy for the Originals unscripted and documentary slate and manage campaign managers to drive audience engagement as well as broadened Hulu awareness
- Win support for campaigns from all relevant stakeholders, including Hulu executives and external partners who also exert control over the original productions
- Develop existing talent and hire/onboard new talent to grow the function.
- Manage relationships with cross functional teams to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other marketing functions, including creative marketing, brand marketing, and PR to insure originals campaigns fit with overall brand initiatives and communications timelines
- Lead in agency selection and management for originals campaigns, as appropriate
- Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group
- 10+ years of experience marketing content with a track record specifically in film and/ or unscripted content
- Team leadership – a track record of building and leading high performing teams
- Ability to think strategically, and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
- Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward
- High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams
- A sincere love for television and desire to change the status quo
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.