Director, Originals Marketing (Hulu)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10009969 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Director of Hulu Originals Marketing will be an integral part of the Marketing & Publicity team at Hulu. The ideal candidate is a creative and strategic marketer who can combine their entertainment marketing experience, media-savvy, and creative insight to build best-in-class campaigns and drive awareness and engagement of Hulu Original Series and drive Hulu subscriber acquisition.
The Director will lead the Hulu Originals Marketing campaigns, reporting to the Vice President of Hulu Originals Marketing. This individual must be passionate, have the creative thinking skills to develop impactful campaigns, and pivot quickly when needed. The role requires someone who can balance a high-volume workload, excels at multitasking, has a sharp focus on details, has an ability to find humor in chaos, and has an innate sense of urgency to clearly connect with internal and external partners. This individual will serve as the primary marketing contact for select Hulu Originals and must be highly organized, self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively cross-departmentally to understand key players, communicate effectively among them, and gain buy-in. This position requires you to hit the ground sprinting and the ability to work from experience is critical, as is a strong understanding of the television and film industry.
- Develop and execute results-driven marketing campaigns for Hulu Original Series utilizing both traditional and forward-thinking tactics that extend and enhance our ability to reach new and existing audiences and reach show specific and company goals. (Figuring out what will move the needle for every campaign is key!)
- Work in lockstep with internal teams (content, publicity, social and creative marketing) to align on campaign strategy and execution to deliver on KPIs.
- Put the viewer first – using this as North Star to guide all messaging and marketing efforts.
- Creatively concepts ideas and apply them across key art, digital, social, paid media, earned media, etc.
- Develop series positioning and messaging for producers, talent, and executives.
- Identify new audiences and areas of focus for existing identified audiences and work cross-functionally to determine business opportunities and subsequent marketing tactics.
- Collaborate and communicate plans with internal teams across Disney General Entertainment (DGE) and Hulu enterprise.
- Analyze the effectiveness of media and marketing data to better optimize spend and performance across various marketing channels.
- Track budget and spend for content marketing initiatives.
- Work with external marketing partners/agencies to implement content marketing initiatives.
- Manage relationships with cross-functional teams across the entire Disney Enterprise to execute campaigns.
- Investigate and track industry trends and innovative media opportunities to optimize future campaigns.
- Support other promotional activities as needed.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in entertainment marketing to specific audience groups, a proven history of executing content marketing campaigns, and developing new processes and strategies that drive marketing campaign success.
- Proven track record to drive awareness, interest and viewing for series, films, and/or top tier entertainment IP.
- Experience in digital streaming subscription services, driving Original Series marketing.
- A data-driven approach to marketing, with experience analyzing and reviewing results.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to authentically reflect the needs of specific audiences.
- Experience leading and mentoring marketing teams to deliver effective campaigns.
- Experience managing creative development and demanding creative excellence.
- Exceptional communication skills and a true cross-functional collaborator.
- Superb work ethic and positive, can-do attitude.
- A love for television and film and a desire to change the status quo.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu Enterprises, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu Enterprises, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.