Director, Product Management – Advertising StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 983160BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 07, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for an established product leader who will own and drive our advertising product strategy while partnering across the company — with significant time spent working with Disney divisions outside of Disney Streaming — to drive consensus and alignment, build new capabilities, and continuously test and iterate. The right person for this role understands that advertising and the revenue it returns does not exist in a silo, and its impact on engagement, content awareness, and user satisfaction must be continuously balanced and re-tuned. This is a high-visibility role, and you must be able to navigate strong personalities and opinions with compassion and collaboration. You will be partnering across many levels within the organization, and as such, your ability to communicate and influence effectively is absolutely necessary.
- Own and drive the overall product strategy for advertising within the Disney Streaming family of apps: Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Star+
- Manage a team of product managers responsible for developing long-term roadmaps of advertising features, programmatic optimizations, and end-user experience improvements
- Run Disney Streaming’s Ad Experience Steering Committee, a critical cross-functional group that evaluates and ratifies decision making of anything and everything related to advertising that affects the end-user experience
- Partner closely with product leadership and executives across the organization, driving clarity and decision-making with efficiency and tact
- Develop an intertwined bond with the Strategic Programming and Content Promotion product teams to create a trifecta of strategy and execution that drives the overall end-user app experience
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data, including user research and sentiment analysis, to identify pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Above all else, be a champion for the user and their relationship with advertising
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in product management or 10+ years of experience in advertising within a digital streaming company
- A demonstrated passion for analytics and a willingness to dive really deep into the data
- A proven track record of delivering product features and optimizations that resonate with users
- A strategic mind, always with a view further out than anyone else in the room
- A proven ability to find creative compromises in challenging circumstances
- A history of establishing and maintaining successful cross-functional relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A sense of humor
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.