Executive Assistant, Documentaries & Unscripted Series (Hulu)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10013219 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Hulu is seeking an Executive Assistant to the SVP of the Documentary & Unscripted Originals team. As an Executive Assistant at Hulu, you will materially impact the productivity and efficiency of the team, as well as gain valuable experience in the development and production of non-fiction content. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who has a strong interest in pop culture and would like to pursue a career in Documentary and/or Unscripted Series. The candidate should be a creative thinker capable of consistently achieving results in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, possess an ability to maintain confidentiality and manage high level relationships with sensitivity, and work independently. The position is a great role for someone looking to grow in this space – there are many opportunities to be involved creatively and learn the ins-and-outs of this side of the industry.
- Support SVP with scheduling internal and external meetings, rolling calls, managing expenses, and booking travel
- Manage cut and material distribution to internal stakeholders
- Serve as a liaison between Production, Post, Marketing, BA, and Legal stakeholders on Documentary and Unscripted projects at various stages of production
- Draft and send weekend read(s) to senior level management
- Draft and send weekly and monthly top-level slate updates to senior level management
- Prepare agendas and presentation materials for meetings with senior level management
- Track project submissions and give brand-focused feedback on materials
- Prepare and send key internal documents and analysis requests on behalf of the Documentary & Unscripted Series team as part of the internal evaluation process
- Take notes during meetings with senior level management and track follow-up actions for SVP and the team
- Track key film festivals, and support SVP and the team with organizing logistic details for attendance and festival programming coverage
- 1+ years of experience at an agency, production company, studio, or network in an administrative capacity
- The ability to think creatively, problem-solve, and retain a high attention to detail in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and manage high level relationships with sensitivity
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to distill a vast range of information to determine priority tasks for the SVP and team to ensure appropriate follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong interest in pop culture and Non-Fiction Content
- A confident and positive attitude
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Experience supporting a senior level executive preferred
- SAP / Concur experience
- Outlook Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu Enterprises, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu Enterprises, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.