Legal Executive AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID oq6ucfwW Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
The Hulu Business Affairs Department seeks qualified candidates for an Executive Assistant to support the Head of Business Affairs for Original Series. Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multitask. Environment is demanding and fast-paced and involves preparation, revision and distribution of time-sensitive legal documents. Great communication skills, ability to prioritize and ability to deal with multiple deadlines is a must. Candidates should have work experience in a fast-paced environment and interest in learning about business affairs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with interest in business affairs/legal side of television or entertainment, who is seeking career growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Answers phone, manages calendar, books meetings and conference calls, arranges/confirms travel and manages expense reports
- Distributes documents to various clients. Accurately maintains and administers legal contracts filing systems, and assists in summarizing and tracking deal terms
- Manages and directs phone calls and written correspondence/faxes, and facilitates the execution of legal documents
- Acts as a liaison and manages communications between the office and internal and external partners
- Analyzes contracts, providing and maintaining necessary contractual information
- Assists with the preparation and drafting of contracts/legal documents and redlines; drafts routine letters and other correspondence
- Provides some occasional administrative support to other team members; assists with presentations or special projects, as needed
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year of administrative work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel , PPT, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must have strong written (including legal drafting) and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines as a top priority, and possess excellent organizational and tracking skills
- Because of exposure to high level confidential information, a high level of integrity, discretion and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals
- Must be able to complete a high volume of tasks and projects quickly with little guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround
- Must be client-service oriented, with great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, and the ability to easily switch gears
- JD/Law school or Business school degree
- 2+ years of prior business/legal affairs assistant experience
- Experience drafting and revising agreements
- Previous exposure to legal issues specific to a network or studio
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.