Executive AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10077108 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Direct to Consumer Date posted Jan. 19, 2024
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the General Manager, Hulu. As the Executive Assistant, you will support the GM with core administrative tasks (scheduling, travel, expenses, planning company events, etc.) as well as assist with preparing PowerPoint/Google Slides presentations, organizing department and cross-department meetings, and managing two offices (Santa Monica and Burbank). The right person for this role is a self-starter proficient in multi-tasking and anticipating opportunities to be helpful. Problem solving and attention to detail are an absolute must, as are good instincts and exercising high judgment in uncertain situations. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are critical as well. Seeking a person who is passionate about the Hulu brand and who is not afraid to jump into new projects and support the team. If you are someone who is a team player with the ability to work under pressure, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a heavy calendar load, and schedule internal and external meetings, working with Senior Executive offices across TWDC in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and expense reports.
- Assist in the preparation of documents necessary for meetings (e.g., PowerPoint/Google Slides presentations, informational one sheets, basic research), in partnership with the Hulu Business Operations team.
- Serve as a liaison between various departments at Hulu and across TWDC.
- Coordinate team and departmental events and outings.
- Support GM across two offices, and manage guest experience in the Santa Monica office.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of administrative assistance experience at a major agency, studio, or network
- Proven skills at building and maintaining business relationships, multi-tasking and being graceful under pressure
- A “can-do” attitude: nothing is too large or too small
- Unusually strong organizational skills, with a passion for details and clear system for tracking tasks and prior decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical proficiency in all Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and familiarity with the Google Apps suite (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) as well as information systems (we use Workday at Hulu)
- Experience working for a Senior Vice President or higher level executive
- Experience working at a streaming service or digital media company
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring range for this position in CA is $80,500.00 to $107,900.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney’s Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company’s best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.