Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 877230BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
- Own specific original content accounts, which includes the preparation of month-end close journal entries and supporting work paper reconciliations
- Track development, production, and licensing milestones and record the related accounting impact for a diverse portfolio of episodic and film content
- Prepare analyses of content licensing agreements to determine appropriate application of accounting policies
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of accounting data related to content licensing agreements, including key contractual terms, fees, and payment for appropriate capitalization and amortization
- Collaborate with the Content FP&A, Legal, and Production teams to obtain appropriate and timely data to support accounting records
- Liaise directly with Accounts Payable and/or third-party content partners regarding content remittance and other reporting
- Maintain accounting policy and process documentation, including key Sarbanes-Oxley controls surrounding the capitalization, amortization, and impairment processes for content
- Assist with the testing of system implementations and migrations
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Support ad-hoc projects when necessary
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- Relevant accounting experience within the media and entertainment industry, with knowledge specific to ASC 920 and ASC 926
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a high sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Team oriented outlook with a positive attitude
- Knowledge of the Subscription Video On Demand industry
- Experience with Workday financials and/or SAP
- CPA license
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Additional Information:A part of the Walt Disney Company, Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.