Financial Analyst, Marketing Strategy (Hulu)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 870854BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 04, 2021
- Support the marketing teams by managing budget trackers, monthly closes and quarterly forecasts.
- Process and keep track of content partner cost shares.
- Vendor management including: Checking Accounts Receivable and following up with vendors to track monthly scheduled payments, onboarding new vendors (preparing W9’s, new supplier form, etc.).
- Prepare and manage Purchase Orders and Requisitions.
- Review SOWs, estimates, and incoming invoices to support teams in understanding budget implications.
- Review Invoices for payment in Workday, track against approved P.O.s to monitor balances and attach related invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Ensure coding on items such as invoices, check requests, etc., conforms to standard procedures upon entry into the financial system.
- Partner cross-functionally with Finance and Accounting to ensure accurate marketing spend reporting.
- Monitor and explain monthly variance against Budget/Forecasts.
- Attend quarterly Finance meetings.
- Run accruals for quarter close.
- Communicate expected financial impact to Marketing stakeholders and Finance for changes.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Reconcile various accounts by ensuring budget moves are completed accurately, identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Create, improve, and maintain department financial reporting tools and processes.
- Other Financial-related duties as the need arises to support Marketing Teams.
- 2+ years prior experience with invoice processing/accounts payables, ideally at a streaming or entertainment company
- Excellent Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues to Executive management
- Ability to drive and implement process improvements across key activities
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time and meet deadlines, while keeping management properly informed
- Ambitious and positive attitude, with the ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience with either Finance or Accounting within a Marketing Agency or entertainment industry Marketing department
- Familiarity with Airtable and Workday
- Bachelor's Degree
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.