Financial Analyst, Subscription FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 808622BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 04, 2021
- Support Hulu’s rapid business growth by establishing a thorough understanding of our subscriber economics and how they drive our overall business performance
- Identify and help implement new ways to retain and engage our existing subscriber base, working closely with both the marketing and product organizations to amplify user engagement and mitigate churn
- Support our pricing, promotions, and go-to-market decision making through meticulous economic analysis
- Analyze potential deals with distribution and wholesale partners and formulate actionable recommendations on how to structure, price and close respective deals
- Build accurate budgets and forecasts for our subscription business to steer the company’s top-level decision making and align targets with other teams across the organization
- Work cross-functionally with key partners in Marketing, Research, Analytics and Product to develop business insights that uncover subscriber growth levers and opportunities to improve customer value
- Develop and present recommendations to senior management, informing Hulu’s commercial decision making
- Independently identify and pursue areas of analysis that will offer insights and result in actionable recommendations
- 1-3 years of professional experience with demonstrated success in driving and influencing economic decision making
- Prior experience in a consulting firm, investment bank or other high-intensity work environment is a plus
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or another quantitative field
- Exceptional analytical abilities and proficiency in SQL, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of curiosity and self-motivation in digging deeper into data and trends and driving actionable insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Highly competent in quantitative analysis and utilizing data to drive and support executive decision-making
- A high sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
- Experience in media, tech or with subscription business models
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.