Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 784279BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
Our Finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst II who will be an outstanding addition to our team! You will play an integral role in supporting our Customer Service & Data organizations in all financial matters relating to the budgeting, planning, and forecasting. The right person for this role possesses an interest in Corporate FP&A, strong analytical/interpersonal skills, the ability to partner and work cross-functionally in a multi-facet organization and sets a high-quality bar for themself. If you are someone who is a self-starter, passionate about analysis, thrives on collaboration, and enjoys a demanding environment then this is a phenomenal role for you!
- Work cross-functionally with business partners in the development and management of their overhead budgets and forecasts focusing on consulting, software, and support labor planning for Customer Service and Data orgs.
- Independently identify and pursue areas of analysis that will offer insights and result in meaningful recommendations.
- Prepare journal entries to allocate expenses to appropriate lines of business across & month-end close analyses, trend evaluations, and variance commentary.
- Produce monthly actual-to-budget reporting by (1) preparing variance reports using data insights to identify trends and (2) identifying pertinent financial highlights that will enable business leaders to determine progress against budgets.
- Support the continued migration of our budgeting and reporting into a cloud-based budgeting software.
- Create financial models and work on ad hoc analyses to help support business initiatives
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- One- two years of proven experience with demonstrated success in driving and influencing decision making
- Outstanding analytical abilities and proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of curiosity and self-motivation in digging deeper into data and trends and driving actionable insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking and organizational skills are vital
- A proactive, self-directed approach and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements and US GAAP
- Experience with cloud-based or ERP financial software such as Adaptive Insights, Workday, SAP, or other software
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.