Lead Analyst, Data GovernanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 873336BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with engineering, legal, information security, operations, back-end services and front-end technology teams to drive our governance strategy designed to ensure quality data that is both secure and compliant with internal and external compliance & legal guidelines such as CCPA and GDPR.
- Represent the team in discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert on our toolkit and roadmap for data protection and consent management.
- Support metadata management processes and standards across all of the data domains to ensure data integrity and standardization
- Promote a culture of data governance by developing partnerships with data owners and stewards to promote data governance best practices
- Outline and help implement data governance performance and standards, while developing and implementing operating plans to achieve those standards via audits, automation and processes
- Communicate risk assessment and/or audit findings to management, develop improvements in the design and effectiveness of key controls including automation
- Provide strategic direction to and support in performing data privacy and compliance for key issues related to PII, CCPA, legal guidance, launch preparedness and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Identifying and inventorying issues, suggested improvements, and aid in tracking and implementing fixes.
- Serve as a SME on product interface and capabilities for select data domains
- Understand business requirements, translating them into actionable specifications including how data should be governed.
- BA or BS in Information Systems, CS, or Analytical or similar is desired.
- 3-5 years experience in a data-driven function and roles such as a data governance analyst, quality assurance analyst, product owner, data analyst, or similar role diligently applying principles, practices, and theory for backlog and project management
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables, as this role will have end-to-end responsibilities for certain data products
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of services-oriented architecture and development practices, including implementation of analytics and clickstream tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of clickstream datasets a plus.
- Experience with Data Governance Tools such as Alation, Collibra, Informatica, etc.
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as S3, Hadoop, Tableau, Looker, Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- 2+ years of Python, Pyspark or SQL
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.