Lead Data Analyst, Finance AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 871560BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Finance Analytics function masters data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of analytically supporting the Disney Streaming Finance organization and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. Through the creation of forecasts, Lifetime Value (LTV) & ARPU models, and pricing model analysis, this team leads the analytical support for various business decisions. Finance, Strategy, Product, Marketing, Engineering and Data Science teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements.
- Guide partnership closely with finance stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities to better forecast and report on business performance
- Manage forecasting, Lifetime Value (LTV), and ARPU modeling and development in collaboration with Data Science and Finance teams
- Build forecasting tools and automate reports/ dashboards that provide insights into business measurement and effectiveness
- Analyze subscriber and behavior data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
- Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data
- Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
- Create, deliver and continuously improve our business measurement solutions
- Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
- Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to tell stories with data
- 6+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or Python
- Expert proficiency in conducting analysis using SQL
- Experience with Lifetime Value (LTV) modeling
- Experience driving business performance forecasts and analysis of results
- Comfortable working in collaboration with Finance, Engineering, and Data Science teams
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
- Experience building, analyzing and reporting against forecasts
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.