Lead Data AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 7123165520220515 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Ever wonder how the innovative storytelling from the world’s most beloved brands – Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, 20th Century, National Geographics, FX, Freeform, Disney Channels, ABC, and more -- makes it to viewers around the globe and beyond (yes, we also deliver content to the International Space Station)? Come join our growing team that builds global products, platforms and tools that deliver and monetize our company's unmatched collection of content, power our businesses and reflect the company's innovative spirit.
We are the Content Platforms team with a mission to “reimagine the technical ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.” Content Platforms is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment which is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; Hotstar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
- Enjoy working with teams of talented and passionate people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Enjoy transforming business strategy into innovative products & platforms
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Find Media & Entertainment industry fascinating
then Content Platforms team is the place for you. We are growing and investing in innovative technology to deliver a state-of-the-art content pipeline. Come be a part of the magic that makes The Walt Disney Company one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies”.
Our team strives to deliver operational excellence with a focus on financial management, cross functional oversight, and process improvements. In this role, you will help enable our product management and engineering partners to support existing and launch new content platforms products and tools. The Delivery & Operational Intelligence Lead will be engaged on projects and workstreams across the broader Content Platforms group. You will support the planning and execution of strategic operational initiatives to make the organization more efficient and effective. You are a team player with strong analytical skills and experience with operational assessments. You will be a vital partner of Finance, Sourcing, Legal, and a liaison for our Product and Engineering teams. You will also collaborate closely with the cross-functional groups and ensure the success of Content Platform.
This role offers the unique opportunity to work on both tactical actions that drive our near-term business performance and deliver immediate impact, and strategic initiatives that will define our future.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Financial Planning and Management:
- Provide insight and recommendations to financial management efforts with data analysis and modeling
- Support Content Platform annual operating plan (AOP) and maintain a centralized view into internal and third party spend
- Partner with finance, operations and sourcing on execution of process changes and provide recommendations based on Content Platform needs
- Process and Workflow Improvement
- Identify process changes to enable consistency and opportunity for automation, with a focus on simplicity and reducing administrative overhead for the broader organization
- Promote change adoption, prepare standard operating procedures (SOP), training and guidance
- Student of the game, driving and enforcing leading practices
- Operational Performance and Efficiency
- Support planning and execution of Content Platform periodic reporting cadence
- Manage documentation around organizational efficiency, business opportunities and impact
- Establish and facilitate business performance reporting across Content Platform
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant working experience across Finance, Data Intelligence, Media & Entertainment, and Technology or a consulting role
- Experience in working in a matrix environment, strong partnering skills, and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Experience in conducting and delivering large-scale, consistently trustable, precise, and actionable quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Energetic self-starter with a logical approach to problem-solving
- Equally adept at consulting, thinking strategically, and execution. Exhibits a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Enthusiastic about problem-solving and helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences from end-users to the Senior Management
- Strong financial acumen
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) experience for Engineering and Products organizations
- MBA or Master’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.