Lead Data AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10077587 Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Direct to Consumer Date posted Feb. 01, 2024
About The Role
On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we’re reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world’s most beloved stories while also transforming Disney’s media business for the future. Whether that’s evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to maximize flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney’s unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
Business Operations is the glue of DE&E Technology, with a steadfast focus on connecting all the pieces of the business. All the components that make up the organization – engineering, product, design, operations, support and more – come together and move the business forward with oversight, effective prioritization, and guidance. This team synthesizes information from across the business to ensure leaders are armed with all the necessary data before making strategic and financial decisions. From forecasting, funding, tracking, and reporting on projects, to ways of working, and resource management, Business Operations has visibility and input into all aspects of the team.
The Engagement Analytics team is seeking a Lead Analytics Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our team. We partner with other teams across the organization to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right person for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves problem-solving, and is a good communicator and a self-starter; If you are someone who gains personal happiness from transforming data into knowledge and driving business action, then this is an excellent role for you!
You will guide the team in its reporting design and data strategy. Coordinating analysts to build tooling and communicate to our stakeholders, as well as the broader Disney universe. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver across our organization.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand the performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Reporting and Tooling Strategy: Lead the team in the creation of actionable and consistent metrics and reporting across streaming platforms.
- BI Performance: You will be leading reporting for exceptionally large-scale data. Serve as an expert for analysts on the team and a partner with Data Architecture and Engineering in designing and building performant ETLs, intermediary tables, and beautiful and quick Tableau and Looker dashboards.
- Creation of a Single Source of Truth: Partner with our Governance team and bring together analysts and stakeholders from across the team to define and standardize the metrics by which we assess product performance
- ETL & Metric Design: Own metric design and creation by defining business requirements, framework & optimization, and long term data scalability.
- Partnership and communication: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and understand what they need to drive decisions, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or related degree.
- Expertise developing data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- 7+years of analytical experience, ideally specifically in analytics engineering.
- Mastery of SQL, some experience with SparkSQL, Hive, etc. a plus
- Significant experience in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- Experience developing and maintaining optimized tables for reporting through ETLs.
- Project and resource management experience, outlining objectives, and timelines, and coordinating work across multiple contributors.
- Python/R or other statistical programming languages.
- Intense drive and passion for delivering exceptional products.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills and experience presenting to diverse audiences.
- A sense of humor
- Unique passions or areas of interest that influence the way you interact with others and/or do your job
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $136,100 to $182,400 per year and in New York, NY is $142,600 to $191,100 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney’s Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company’s best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.