Lead Data EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 916446BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 06, 2022
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-functional team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a senior software developer for BI who will be an outstanding addition and leading development for data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. The right person for this role should be experienced in data modeling, data processing and how to turn the business requirement to data solutions, this is a phenomenal role for you!
- Responsible for development of software technologies that provide the data analytics used to drive the delivery of Hulu’s online streaming offerings. Designing, developing, and implementing services and tools used by Hulu’s big data platform to solve complex data issues.
- Building Hulu’s next generation data analytics platform utilizing the most advanced big data technologies. Solving complex data platform issues and exploring new technologies to provide innovative solutions.
- Designing, developing, scaling, and improving the service and tools in Hulu’s unrivaled big data platform for the entirety of Hulu by using both Cloud and on-premise environments. Implementing solutions using cutting-edge technologies, including rewriting and enhancing Kafka, Presto, handling Couchbase and Memsql, and giving back to the open source community.
- Developing novel and scalable solutions to meaningful big data/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence technical problems and introducing new technologies. Diagnosing and debugging issues in production environments.
- Collaborating with Architects, Researchers, Program Managers, and Product Managers. Utilizing programming (Scala/Java) and shell scripting skills.
- Working with real-time processing infrastructure, including Kafka, Spark streaming, Couchbase, etc. Utilizing experience in high traffic and scalable distributing computing production systems.
- Utilizing administration knowledge of Hadoop eco-system, such as HDFS, Hive, etc. Using strong cloud infrastructure knowledge in AWS (Amazon Web Services)/Google cloud. Engaging in web UI design/development with React.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in high traffic and scalable distributing computing production systems
- Demonstrated programming (Scala/Java) and shell scripting skills
- Experience with real-time processing infrastructure like Kafka and orchestration platform like Airflow
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong cloud infrastructure knowledge in one of AWS/Google cloud
- Experience in digital video advertising or digital marketing domain
- Big data system design experience with Spark, Flink, Druid, Single Store, Kafka, Nifi or other AWS big data technologies
- Used more than 1-2 BI open source tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or the foreign equivalent in Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.