Lead Data Scientist - Customer Data ScienceApply NowApply Later Job ID oVoTffwb Location Santa Monica, California, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Data scientists at Disney Streaming Services are the insights and modeling partners for the growth, content, marketing, product, and engineering teams at Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. They use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. Scientists on the team build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable, persistent capability that is iteratively improved through direct interaction with cross-functional business partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Modeling: Design, build and improve machine learning models. Work end to end from data collection, feature generation and selection, algorithm development, forecasting, visualization and communicating of model results. Collaborate with engineering to productionize models.
- Drive experimentation to test impact of model based optimization.
- Deep analysis: Develop comprehensive understanding of subscriber and payment data structures and metrics. Mine large data sets to identify opportunities for driving growth and retention of subscribers.
- Visualization of Complex Data sets: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to actionable insights communicated clearly and visually.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation and data architecture.
WHAT TO BRING
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Statistics)
- 7+ years of experience designing, building, and evaluating practical machine learning solutions
- 7+ years of experience with statistical programming language (e.g. Python, Spark, PySpark) and database languages (e.g. SQL)
NICE TO HAVES
- Doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent analytical skills, advanced level of statistics knowledge
- Strong expertise with Python and libraries such as scikit-learn, SciPy
- Familiarity with Bayesian modeling and probabilistic programming packages such as PyMC
- Familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Airflow, Github
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker
- Familiarity with designing and analyzing A/B testing and other experiment types
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and in a timely manner, including large and complex ones
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including people and project management
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.