Lead Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID 7113351420220130 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Lead Data Scientist, Subscriber Core Data Science
Data scientists at Disney are the insights and modeling partners for the growth, content, marketing, product, and engineering teams at Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. They use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. Scientists on the team build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable, persistent capability that is iteratively improved through direct interaction with cross-functional business partners.
As a lead data scientist in the Subscriber Core Data Science team, you will be partnering closely with the Subscriber Analytics team, Finance, Business Operations, Commerce Product and Engineering teams to develop models for tackling a multitude of exciting challenges, including customer lifetime value estimation, signups and subscribers forecasting, fraud prevention and mitigation, payment optimization, and more.
We look for someone with deep analytical and modeling expertise, a proven track record of thought leadership and eagerness to drive impact.
● Modeling: Design, build and improve machine learning models. Work end to end from data collection, feature generation and selection, algorithm development, forecasting, visualization and communicating of model results. Collaborate with engineering to productionize models. Drive experimentation to test impact of model based optimization.
● Deep analysis: Develop comprehensive understanding of subscriber and payment data structures and metrics. Mine large data sets to identify opportunities for driving growth and retention of subscribers.
● Visualization of Complex Data sets: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to actionable insights communicated clearly and visually.
● Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation and data architecture.
· Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Statistics)
· 7+ years of experience designing, building, and evaluating practical machine learning solutions
· 7+ years of experience with statistical programming language (e.g. Python, Spark, PySpark) and database languages (e.g. SQL)
· Doctorate's degree in a quantitative discipline
· Excellent analytical skills, advanced level of statistics knowledge
· Strong expertise with Python and libraries such as scikit-learn, SciPy
· Familiarity with Bayesian modeling and probabilistic programming packages such as PyMC
· Familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Airflow, Github
· Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker
· Familiarity with designing and analyzing A/B testing and other experiment types
· Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
· Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
· Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and in a timely manner, including large and complex ones
· Demonstrated leadership experience, including people and project management
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.