Lead Product Designer, PersonalizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 938797BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 02, 2022
The ideal person will thrive in a setting that values design strategy and research, constant cross-functional collaboration, outside-the-box concepting, and transparency without ego. This individual excels at getting groups of cross-functional teammates excited and invested in solving problems.
We’re seeking an experienced Project Lead who can obsess over the details but can also be an inspiring leader for the big picture. Someone who wants to build a world class product that makes Hulu stand out as the best place to watch TV. From building friendships and partnerships with Product Managers, to sprint planning with fellow designers. From building research strategies with our Research team, to white-boarding ideas with developers, you’ll use your strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company. Join us and you’ll be part of a team who loves to have fun, think big, and thrives on being at the intersection of Tech and Entertainment.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Mentor other members on the team, on how to approach design problems, gather feedback, and drive projects for impactful outcomes.
- A senior-level designer with 5+ years experience working in a consumer product focused environment
- An experienced cross-functional project lead that values inclusiveness, decisiveness, and the ability to scope and breakdown product design work.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating team-based work
- A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined with holistic UX
- A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
- An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
- Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.