Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10008927 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Will lead and contribute to the efforts of a small group of integration engineers that support partners integrating the Disney ADK solution into their OEM devices such as Set-Top-Boxes (STB), TV chipsets, and other embedded devices. As integration support engineers we will be responsible for assisting with 1st level triage of ADK integration issues, overall quality of the certification port delivered to Disney for formal certification, streamlining the integration effort, quality and overall content of documentation consumed by partners, innovation where needed to scale the delivery and use of the ADK, tooling that may be required for troubleshooting. The role requires a strong independent contributor, not afraid to get their hands dirty, with no expectation of help from peers or other Disney ADK teams due to various constraints such as workload, time zone, etc. The ideal candidate needs to adapt and pivot as needed and must be able to multi-task multiple different partners, efforts, and initiatives. Remote collaboration and team synergy skills is a strong must. Customer support and interaction skills are a primary requirement with multi-cultural empathy a strong second. The candidate will be able to adapt to a large code base of multiple technological complexities and will require to learn as they go and assimilate a lot in a short amount of time. The candidate will also need to be an ambassador and liaison between different ADK engineering teams, Technical Account Managers, and product owners. The role is considered non-development. As a lead, you will be responsible for the performance and output of your team.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of the role
- Team effort co-ordination
- Sanity test/verify initial partner integration submissions in an effort to avoid certification churn and improve the quality of ADK integration.
- Where needed support, debug, and triaging issues to help improve the ADK, identify short-term workarounds to facilitate partner timelines, act as a liaison between different ADK engineering teams, Technical Account Managers (TAM), product owners, certification and QA teams, etc.
- Internal initiatives for improving the scalability of partner integration support team efforts
- Once familiar with ADK internals and program, mentor and guide junior peer efforts
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Familiarity with leading teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Friendly and respectful attitude.
- Software integration familiarity, good control of English language as a means of common communication between different regions and teams a must, other languages abilities a good plus.
- Exposure to large code base support and debugging strategies.
- Must have good exposure to embedded devices.
- Strong familiarity with Linux and other different operating systems is a must.
- Virtual machine and docker exposure are a strong preference.
- Fluent in C and C++, toolchain use, and exposure to different build systems.
- Source control familiarity is a must. Good documentation skills are a must.
- Strong ability to adapt quickly to new learnings and on-the-job training.
- Mentoring skills are a must. Practical contributor, even when leading a must.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.