Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10065185 Location Santa Monica, California, United States / San Francisco, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology Date posted Oct. 04, 2023
The Ad Manager organization within Disney Entertainment organization is looking for a full stack or front-end lead software engineer. This role will contribute to building, enhancing and maintaining the self-service application our advertisers use on a daily basis to create and manage their advertising campaigns. We also collaborate with other teams within the larger Ad Platform organization on integrations with critical services responsible for the correct pacing, targeting, and selection of ads.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software.
- As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software
- Writing and reviewing a lot of code and tests
- Available for a weekly-rotating On-Call support schedule
- Reading requirements documentation from Product and translating into implementation tickets
- Reviewing, learning, and documenting software and system designs in a high throughput, low latency microservices environment
- Enhancing systems’ observability with proper metrics, monitors and alerts
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- A willingness and desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams and systems
- A sense of ownership of the projects delivered by your team and department
- A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast paced environment
- Kindness and pragmatic optimism
- Your unique view and experience
- Experience with Java
- Demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with Non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB is a positive
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platform is a positive
- MS in Computer Science / Engineering
The hiring range for this position in California is $149,240 - $200,200 per year and in Washington is $156,292 to $209,660 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.