Manager, Advanced AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID P006836-R0009891 Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
The Manager, Advanced Analytics holds the primary responsibility of creating, delivering and continuously improving our business measurement solutions. You will lead our business assessment and effectiveness platforms and have the lead role in evolving how we define, report and optimize our business strategies. This role requires a unique combination of numeric and analytical competencies, as well as a strategic mindset with a flair for communication. You will be equally adept at communicating through numbers, charts, and words with a demonstrated ability to organize insights and ideas into simple frameworks for rapid and clear communication in a fast-paced environment.
The Advanced Analytics function masters exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based meaningful recommendations. This team collaborates cross-functionally across the Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across Hulu, to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis and plans. Product, Marketing, Engineering and Analytics teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements. The team’s work will drive the development of business plans that are expected to have broad influence at many levels of the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the long-term strategic plan for business measurement and reporting solutions and technologies
- Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand key business metrics and definitions
- Monitor and report business performance data across products, partners and content
- Champion business data strategies with a central source of truth that drives multi-platform content, product and marketing optimizations as well as accountability across the organization
- Deeply understand our business models and the portfolio of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
- Create insightful and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals, explaining complex situations clearly and simply
- Partner with stakeholders to establish and support reliable SLAs for key data sets
- Lead and manage scrum activities with your team, diving deep to help unblock their daily tasks
- Lead and create tech talks, blogs, demos and trainings on data visualization best practices and how to implement them across business units
- Collaborate with other Disney+ & Hulu technology leaders to bring best practices and build a balance of solutions
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of hands-on analytical work experience designing, building, and evaluating analytical datasets with strong focus on action-oriented outcomes
- 3+ years of SQL
- 1+ years leadership experience (includes people management, mentoring interns, technical leadership, and project management)
- Experience collective, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results - in executive memo and presentation form
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans, and operating business technology platforms on an enterprise scale
- Demonstrated understanding of ETL concepts including data integration pipelines, staging tables, incremental loading, data quality and business logic
- Experience in building financial and data models with predictive outcomes
- A passion for accuracy and translating insights into a compelling narrative. It is critical to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
- Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
- Strategic problem solver with ability to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems and keep ahead of industry trends.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
NICE TO HAVES
- Streaming media industry or other subscription-based service experience
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, leading and deploying code
- Previous work in a strategy team, ideally providing analytics to inform business decisions
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.