Manager, Advanced AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 870077BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
The Advanced Analytics function masters exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based meaningful recommendations. This team collaborates cross-functionally across the Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across Hulu, to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis and plans. Product, Marketing, Engineering and Analytics teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements. The team's work will drive the development of business plans that are expected to have broad influence at many levels of the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the long-term strategic plan for business measurement and reporting solutions and technologies
- Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand key business metrics and definitions
- Monitor and report business performance data across products, partners and content
- Champion business data strategies with a central source of truth that drives multi-platform content, product and marketing optimizations as well as accountability across the organization
- Deeply understand our business models and the portfolio of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
- Create insightful and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals, explaining complex situations clearly and simply
- Partner with stakeholders to establish and support reliable SLAs for key data sets
- Lead and manage scrum activities with your team, diving deep to help unblock their daily tasks
- Lead and create tech talks, blogs, demos and trainings on data visualization best practices and how to implement them across business units
- Collaborate with other Disney+ & Hulu technology leaders to bring best practices and build a balance of solutions
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of hands-on analytical work experience designing, building, and evaluating analytical datasets with strong focus on action-oriented outcomes
- 3+ years of SQL
- 1+ years leadership experience (includes people management, mentoring interns, technical leadership, and project management)
- Experience collective, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results - in executive memo and presentation form
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans, and operating business technology platforms on an enterprise scale
- Demonstrated understanding of ETL concepts including data integration pipelines, staging tables, incremental loading, data quality and business logic
- Experience in building financial and data models with predictive outcomes
- A passion for accuracy and translating insights into a compelling narrative. It is critical to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
- Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
- Strategic problem solver with ability to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems and keep ahead of industry trends.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
NICE TO HAVES
- Streaming media industry or other subscription-based service experience
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, leading and deploying code
- Previous work in a strategy team, ideally providing analytics to inform business decisions
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.