Manager, Compliance Reliability EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 977732BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The person chosen for this roll will partner closely with software developers, platform engineers, architects, site reliability engineers, product management, and information security professionals to design and architect solutions to build self-serve capabilities for the security and compliance organization.
This position can be located near one of Disney's Hubs in California, Washington, New York and Florida.
- SRE role, with a focus on Compliance Reliability
- Perform at Active Development Manager level; requiring daily hands-on contributions in tandem with managerial expectations
- Partner with various engineering teams to design and build automated tooling and integrations to support security and compliance monitoring and audit management functions.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the CRE team, currently a team of 3 reliability engineers.
- Automate processes and procedures to increase efficiencies and improve developer experience.
- Define/improve/operate/track innovative processes to support the reliability of our service.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods to integrate or monitor support for large-scale distributed systems.
- Be a strong technical mentor. This is a technical position, and you will be required to work in code.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partner teams; creating opportunities to contribute to the success of others or leverage their efforts to achieve internal goals.
- Develop and maintain internal tooling and building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, and reliability.
- Collaborate efficiently with engineering teams and other partners across Disney Streaming to gather requirements, develop solutions, provide visibility, and drive adoption.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a team-focused approach towards software development and operations.
- Understands the DevOps philosophy and advocates for DevOps practices.
- Motivation to take initiative and own projects.
- Strong passion for automation, testing, and code quality.
- 4+ years of software development experience designing and building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime distributed systems from the ground up.
- Experience working in a mix of AWS/Cloud and Enterprise data center environments.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms and tooling using kubernetes, jenkins, artifactory, github, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure configuration tooling
- Familiarity with observability technologies such as distributed tracing, metrics, logging, dashboards, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong proficiency in at least one widely-used programming language (Golang, Java, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux development environments.
- Experience developing and operating infrastructure systems and services
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.