Manager, Events & Talent RelationsApply NowApply Later Job ID P001735-R0009514 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
Hulu’s Originals Marketing team is seeking an Events and Talent Relations Manager to execute FOMO-inducing, high-touch experiences across our growing slate and develop strategic initiatives that position Hulu as the preeminent home for our community of creators.
The role is an individual contributor who reports to the Vice President of Events and Talent Relations and works closely with the Originals Marketing, Public Relations, Social, Awards, and Content teams within Hulu and across TWDC divisions.
What You’ll Do
- Design and manage a diverse portfolio of IRL and virtual programs that elevate the Hulu brand: premieres, wrap parties, festivals, talent dinners, tastemaker experiences, press junkets, awards campaigns, industry events, conventions, stunts, set visits, and consumer activations.
- Own the creation and execution of program briefs, RFPs, project plans, strategy + activation decks, schedules, workflows, and recaps.
- Source, vet, and hire appropriate suppliers and partners best suited to meet program goals and objectives.
- Work with internal and external partners to lock budget, process payment, track, manage, and reconcile costs.
- Analyze portfolio performance and draft recommendations for improvement.
- Perform departmental day-to-day activities: talent onboarding and database management, contract negotiations, invitation + guest list management, seating charts + ticketing, milestone + occasions gifting, internal + affiliate requests, rooming lists, and travel coordination.
- Continually evaluate the talent relations program to encourage client relationships and improve brand messaging to increase Hulu’s growth and visibility.
- Act as chief talent liaison for events, festivals, and marketing shoots, including securing talent participation, drafting itineraries, meeting talent upon arrival, and serving as talent’s primary point of contact.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with talent, publicists, managers, agents, and show production.
What to Bring
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; publicity/brand/studio/network/agency; end-to-end ownership producing experiential/music/festival events, film/TV premieres, and working with talent, representatives, and executives.
- Passion for Hulu content, storytelling, television, entertainment, pop culture, production, and events.
- Discernment. You habitually exercise discretion with internal, sensitive, and confidential business; you're keenly aware of your location, audience, surroundings, and who might be listening.
- Marketing prowess; you think equal parts strategically, analytically, and creatively and use research-based and cultural insights to inform your decision making.
- True mastery of event logistics, i.e., guest journey, venue decisions, permitting, ROS + event flow, food + beverage, décor, rentals, staffing, transportation, security, audio visual, content, guest demographic, riders, tech packs, insurance.
- A maniacal focus on the details, multitasking without missing a beat, swift follow up and an efficient and organized approach to project management.
- Self-direction with a high sense of urgency–a proactive and adaptable "doer"; entrepreneurial and comfortable operating with ambiguity and change; eager to learn and build; a no-task-too-small mentality; unafraid to ask questions, raise your hand for help, or offer it up.
- Advanced knowledge of the event and entertainment industry's trends, practices, and terminology.
- Super-human interpersonal and leadership skills to creatively solve problems through negotiation, tact, and diplomacy.
- Savoir-faire re: the nuances of working with executives, talent, and industry representatives.
- Other-worldly verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in commonly used cloud-based software: Microsoft 365, G-Suite, Apple iWorks, Slack, SFDC.
- Ability to travel, work evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.