Manager, Product Design - Disney+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 960726BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 30, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a Product Design Manager on the Disney+ Team, you will focus on the total content experience - home screen to video player. You will lead a small team of designers, innovating on a variety of features that showcase our world-class titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. You will report to the Director of Product Design for Disney+, and you’ll be a part of a dynamic team that spans San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Amsterdam.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for them
- Coach the team through product ideation and development using a mature, modern design process.
- Facilitate the successful delivery of design from concept to deployment.
- Represent the team and their work to stakeholders and external collaborators.
- Collaborate with peers in research, product, engineering, and marketing on cross-functional projects from start to finish.
- Lead your team in mapping out their career development path, and course correct their development, using regular 1:1 meetings and semi-annual reviews.
- Identify areas for improvement for the overall product design team covering people, process, and practice. Partner with the design ops team in creating an action plan.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years’ experience as a designer working on consumer products.
- Experience leading and managing a team of designers through at least one full product development cycle.
- A high level of creative craftsmanship, translating strategies into inspiring concepts and successful executions.
- A strong interest in visual storytelling, and an innate curiosity about people and their relationship to entertainment.
- The discipline to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- A growth mindset - you see opportunity in ambiguity.
- A sense of determination - leading product development with new ideas based on a strong sense of our customers, their goals, our content, and our value proposition.
- An ease in presenting design work to a variety of audiences.
- A passion for evolving the design practice – its people, processes, and tools.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.