Manager, Software Engineer
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID P000180-R0010248 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 17, 2021
Hulu’s Content Management team is looking for a sharp & motivated engineering manager to lead our Content Management Tools team and help build the technology backbone of Hulu. This team is responsible for the end-to-end tools and services used to synthesize content from over 500 partners and to deliver the highest quality Hulu experience to millions of users.
As an engineering manager at Hulu, you will attract and retain top-shelf talent, drive a culture of ownership and empowerment, and own the development of a mission-critical set of applications. The right person for this role is a force multiplier for those around them and knows how to drive results by setting others up for success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build a diverse & prolific software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
- Lead by example to design technical solutions and ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards
- Own the roadmap and engineering vision for a mission-critical suite of tools within the Hulu content platform
- Collaborate with product managers and other business partners to prioritize work and set goals for the team
- Refine engineering practices and enact positive change within the team
- Champion your team's work across the organization
WHAT TO BRING
- Proven ability to attract talent, build teams, and have fun
- A team-first approach to software development, and data-driven approach to improving engineering efficiency
- Solid understanding of computer science and engineering practices, with a track record of shipping high-quality production code
- A tendency to delegate, with the ability to get hands-on when needed
- Strong opinions about the software development lifecycle and what it means to be agile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building enterprise software and user-facing products
- Hands-on experience with React, Webpack, Python, and the AWS ecosystem of services
Additional Information:Software Development
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.