Manager, Software EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 939746BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
You will have strong software design and development skills, and a solid understanding of distributed systems design and architecture. You will be able to translate high-level business requirements into scalable software solutions and drive complex software projects from inception to delivery.
This leader will have strong communication skills, both within engineering teams and with partners across the business. Finally, this person will be passionate about career development and have a strong track record of attracting, hiring, and developing top-tier engineering talent.
- Build a world-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
- Define and lead the adoption of best practices and processes.
- Collaborate efficiently with Product Managers and other developers to build datastores as a service.
- Collaborate with senior internal team members and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience; 3 years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a service-oriented web application
- Strong passion about automation, testing, and code quality.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- Strong proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Previous experience developing highly scalable and distributed systems
- Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environments
- MySQL, NoSQL and Redis experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.