Manager, Strategy & Business PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 10018575 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Sep. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Disney Streaming Strategy & Business Planning team is a highly dynamic group, focused on evaluating and building business cases for growth opportunities across Disney+, Star+, ESPN+, and Hulu. We scope and execute analyses to inform a wide range of high-impact business decisions and work cross-functionally across Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Product, Tech, and Regional Teams to aggregate and elevate perspectives on high-priority strategic considerations.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial Manager with extensive strategy and/or media experience who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. The role is focused on translating data and delivering insights through well-crafted presentations in order to support our team’s efforts to evaluate growth opportunities, solve key business problems, and inform decisions by Disney Streaming leadership. You will work with the Executive Director, Strategy & Business Planning, the Strategy & Business Planning team as well as stakeholders across the organization to help define and implement the long-term strategic plan. The role requires strategic vision, attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and stakeholder management. The ideal candidate will have a background in finance, management consulting, or experience working in a strategy or business planning role within the media & entertainment and/or direct-to-consumer industry, loves to solve problems and is intellectually curious.
What you'll do
- Identify and develop growth strategies / new business opportunities and work across company to build consensus and mobilize towards execution
- Structure complex, ambiguous and potentially charged operational / business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations
- Create market overviews and develop points of view on trends and market forecasts in existing and emerging media and technology markets, with a focused consideration of the implications to the Disney Streaming product suite
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly and problem solve effectively
- Oversee build of detailed financial models and business cases to facilitate decision-making
- Craft key presentation materials (e.g. memos, decks) and use storytelling skills (verbal and non-verbal) to persuasively communicate recommendations
- Work effectively in a team environment and cross-functionally with Finance, Marketing, Research, Analytics, Product, etc.
- Train/mentor/coach junior analysts and interns
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited college or university
- 5+ years of work experience in a leading management consulting firm or top-tier strategic planning / corporate strategy department within the media industry and/or direct-to-consumer business
- Experience in and/or deep understanding of the media, digital, and tech industries
- Strong communication and written presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
- Advanced analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities (e.g., Excel)
- Demonstrated success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting
- Ability to manage multiple requests, stay organized, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and a highly detail focused mindset
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- Experience managing a small team preferred
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.