Manager, Subscriber AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID oookffw5 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 07, 2021
Hulu’s Data Analytics team is seeking a Manager to lead analytics initiatives that will inform our most impactful business decisions. You will design innovative approaches turning data into information, information into insights and insights into data-enabled business decisions that steer the strategic direction of our company. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver and source of competitive advantage across our organization.
The right person for this role has exceptional analytical abilities, thrives in a fast-pace environment, has a demonstrated ability to solve business problems and has a natural ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively. If you are someone who is passionate about driving value through analytics and is motivated by a highly-visible and entrepreneurial position, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build data models, data visualizations and automated analytics that operationalize insights across the business
- Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to define and understand key enterprise KPIs and business metrics
- Anticipate analytical needs of the business, design diagnostic solutions and deliver highly polished data products and insights
- Act as a liaison between business units and data engineering teams and partner with stakeholders to establish and support reliable SLAs for key data sets
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and explain complex analysis simply through informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business goals
- Drive the development of prioritized analytics solutions including problem definition, solution design and execution
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL and scripting languages to access and analyze complex data
- Drive adoption of analytical solutions and business intelligence tools
- Encourage the collection of new data and the improvement of existing data sources
- Measure and improve the quality of analytics solutions on an ongoing basis
- Provide technical mentorship and professional career development to supporting team members and work to retain top talent by building career paths and nurturing growth
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of hands-on and/or management of analytical work experience designing, building, and evaluating analytical datasets with strong focus on action-oriented outcomes
- 2+ years of leadership experience including people management, mentorship, technical leadership and project management
- Extensive experience collecting, validating and analyzing data and crafting an actionable story for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience operationalizing analytics in “big-data” environments and implementing data insights into actionable strategic plans
- Expert SQL skills for querying, advanced analysis, performance optimization and persisting data
- Excellent data visualization skills with tools like Tableau, Looker, ThoughtSpot, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Familiarity with data science programming languages like R and Python is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehousing and ETL concepts including data pipelines, engineering, data quality and business logic
- Experience in building financial and data models with predictive outcomes
- Excellent relationship management and the ability to work across business teams and functions
- Ability to project manage and comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- A high sense of accountability with an ability to multi-task and schedule work effectively
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar)
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.