Senior Partner Engagement ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID P001422-R0010280 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
Hulu’s Strategic Partnerships team is seeking a Senior Partner Engagement Manager (PEM) who will be an impactful addition to our organization. This role will report to the Team Lead of Partner Engagement and will be directly responsible for the success of relationships with key strategic distribution and marketing partners (e.g. Apple, Google, Verizon, etc.). They will work to grow Hulu’s SVOD and Live TV subscribers, and ensure the health of those partnerships through collaborative and innovative growth initiatives. The right person for this role possesses strong thought leadership and critical thinking skills with attention to operational, technical, and analytical details, as well as the ability to see the big picture. The ideal candidate will have an ambitious spirit and an in-depth knowledge of how to grow a subscription business and deep familiarity with the device landscape. Finally, this team thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with humility, positivity, and enthusiasm!What you'll do
- Handle a key set of distribution partner relationships and their attributable subscriber P&Ls across all phases of the subscriber and partner lifecycle (i.e. subscriber acquisition, engagement/retention, technical integrations, marketing initiatives, and partnership management).
- Be the central hub in the holistic partner growth strategy. Use data insights and market trends to develop internal perspectives which will drive growth on key subscriber acquisition and engagement metrics for your partners. Be a business owner with an eye on revenue and profitability.
- Serve as the internal source of knowledge for all things to do with your partner set. Be the first point of contact for external partners, and the voice representing Hulu interests.
- Rigorously analyze partner performance in order to develop partner-level insights which will inform key marketing and product initiatives. Regularly ideate/update long-term plans for each owned partnership.
- Contribute to financial analysis, roadmap planning, and tech and product prioritization.
- Work in close collaboration with Business Development, Legal, Product, Finance, Data and Marketing teams across various business units.
- Assist with the development and improvement of the general partner management strategy, processes, and tools.
- Deliver key presentations to senior leadership both within Hulu and to external partners.
- Serve as a mentor to existing and new team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7+ years of partner management experience with a focus in media/technology
- Experience in defining partner strategy and roadmap
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and build existing partner channels
- Excels at prioritizing and balancing multiple requests concurrently, with flexibility to adapt seamlessly to rapid shifts in direction/strategy
- Ability to identify problems, quickly devise feasible solutions, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant internal partners and ultimately bring about timely resolution
- Adept at using data management dashboards and making data-informed decisions which support broader partner-level and business-level strategies
- Proven experience in market analysis, competitive analysis, and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Effectively drives projects while collaborating with cross-functional teams, specifically in translating business objectives and priorities to key stakeholders
- Willingness to travel (10-15%)
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.