Principal Counsel, Hulu LIVEApply NowApply Later Job ID 965865BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Lead negotiations and draft agreements for industry-first content distribution agreements with cable and broadcast TV networks.
- Provide key counsel to the Content Partnerships team to grow Hulu’s live linear service and premium add-on services.
- Understand the high-level business goals of the company and provide strategic guidance that marries the business and legal initiatives of the company.
- Partner directly with Hulu’s business executives and team members in all phases of each carriage deal
- Lead the expansion of Hulu’s content lineup and reach across key platforms and devices.
- Advise internal partners across the company on operationalizing contractual requirements.
- Seek and provide input and drive consensus across the company’s various business units (e.g., technology, product, finance, marketing) as deal terms are crafted and finalized.
- 7+ years of legal experience.
- Experience negotiating and drafting content distribution and carriage agreements (e.g., in-house counsel at a major television network or MVPD, or law firm candidates who negotiate carriage agreements on behalf of such entities).
- At least 5 years of experience at a television network, MVPD or law firm focusing on distribution/TV carriage agreements is highly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience at a law firm focusing on complex corporate transactions (M&A, finance, distribution or licensing) is highly preferred.
- Ability to counsel and lead Hulu’s business teams from both a business and legal perspective.
- A very strong understanding of technology, consumer electronics and the Internet.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside of expertise.
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.