Principal Data Engineer
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 791557BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 18, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for a Staff Data engineer to wrangle data and build data pipelines from several data sources and transform this data into valuable & insightful information. The engineer will contribute to end-to-end platform design for our cloud architecture and work multi-functionally with Operations, data science and the business segments to build batch/real-time data solutions. In this role, the work will influence the company's data consumers and analysts.
- Serve as a Technical lead and key coding contributor to the team
- Lead teams and projects and mentor junior team members
- Design, develop and implement large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data lake and data warehouse.
- Build data pipelines to consume data from various data sources and create a unified/enterprise data model for analytics and reporting.
- Capture functional requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
- Participate and provide feedback on architecture reviews, development processes, etc.
- Participate in technology decisions and investments, architecture, tools and process
- Deep experience of relational, analytical, columnar databases (7+ years)
- Working experience with Hadoop/YARN, Spark, Hive, Streaming technologies (3+ years)
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Airflow (2+ years)
- Programming in Python or Scala. (3+ years)
- Experience with developing and deploying in a cloud native environment preferably AWS cloud. (3+ years)
- Proven strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Design solutions for structured and semi-structured data
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration and related tools
- Good unit testing and integration testing skills
- Experience delivering in a team environment using Agile framework
- Experience with Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Google Pub/Sub
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau etc.
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science or equivalent
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.