Principal DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID P000547-R0009375 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Aug. 18, 2021
Hulu Marketing is seeking a Principal (ACD) of Branding & Design who will be an outstanding addition to our internal GreenHouse team. As a Principal at Hulu, you will lead the art direction, vision, and inspiration for Hulu Brand and Originals campaigns. The right person for this role is collaborative, inspiring, and not afraid to lead through the unknown. We are looking for a hardworking innovative brand storyteller with a desire to lead, learn share, and grow.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the visual storytelling and ideas for Hulu Brand, Culture, and Originals Campaigns. Increasing Brand Love, Driving Engagement, and pushing the boundaries of visual storytelling and technology.
- Will work collaboratively with creative directors, writers, other team leads, project managers, and designers to develop breakthrough marketing campaigns.
- Partner and collaborate with marketing teams including the brand, social, brand, content, media, events, PR, and product teams.
- We work in collaboration with other GreenHouse teams including video and creative tech to develop design solutions that align with the strategic briefs.
- You'll work with all levels of the design team to elevate the visual impression of the Hulu brand. Leaning into the core brand principles while always aiming to elevate the work to world-class design standards.
- You'll be responsible to ensure that the art direction and design is part of a cohesive customer experience.
- Work closely with the Production and Creative Tech development team to ensure the application of Hulu technical specs and methodologies.
- We ensure quality, consistency, and cohesiveness across all Hulu marketing web and digital experiences.
- We encourage, develop and mentor hardworking designers as they grow their careers at Hulu.
- Ability to direct in the tools of the visual of design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma and InDesign,
- Strong knowledge in the technical parameters of video, OOH, web, rich media, display, mobile, and social platforms.
- BA/BS with design or communications-related major
- 8+ years experience in an advertising, design agency, or entertainment marketing design environment
- Executive-level collaborative experience
- Required portfolio with work examples.
- Advanced skills in concept development, pitching work, and executing original work that solves Marketing challenges
- Experience producing a variety of creative media experiences including TV and motion graphics would be a bonus
- Experience developing show-launch campaigns including key art would be awesome
- Experience in the media or video streaming business would be excellent
- Experience in producing design and motion creative for social platforms including Instagram, FB, Twitter, etc
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.