Principal Product Manager, Machine Learning Platform
Santa Monica, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID PTG - Principal Product Manager, Machine Learning Location Santa Monica, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 08, 2021
Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for every user, quickly connecting them to content they’ll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation. The work we do has huge scope--- the services in Disney Streaming Services enable experiences for 137+ million users across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+. And we’re not done growing.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who is a leader in the machine learning field. You will drive definition, strategy and execution for our integrated content discovery platform. You are able to apply strong machine learning instinct and data know-how to crucial investment and prioritization decisions. As a senior leader on the team, you will be a coach to your peers, helping shape their feature portfolios in partnership with the PM team manager. You will be the deeply knowledgeable system-wide owner who has a broad understanding of how the pieces fit together, as well as the ability to dive deep in strategic areas.
This is an ideal role for someone with history in the machine learning and personalization space who is looking to level up their impact in their next position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with engineering leadership as we define integration priorities and architecture.
- Leverage a deep data and architecture understanding to make grounded recommendations.
- Serve as an ML thought partner to our stakeholders
- Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
- Ensure we drive business impact against our north star metrics. You partner with the team lead on prioritization of investments across Disney’s streaming applications.
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience as a product manager or highly relevant direct experience (i.e. working as a data scientist or engineering in the personalization space)
- Experience in working on complex services
- Data-focused mindset and proven ability to use data to explore all aspects of a problem
- Familiarity with machine learning fundamentals
- Clear, logical communication skills and an ability to adjust your style based upon your audience -- from non-technical to research PhDs.
- Passion for TV
- Curiosity -- in this space, we often find ourselves reading the latest research paper or playing with a new proof-of-concept
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) a plus
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.