Principal Product Manager, Strategic Programming & Engagement
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oHtNffwW Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Hulu’s Strategic Programming & Engagement (SP&E) Product team is responsible for driving engagement and acquisition by using our product capabilities to program and deliver the best user experience for each of our 40M+ viewers. The SP&E team ensures that we optimally mix content curation with personalization, all using the right presentation and in the right context. Our ultimate goal is a functional programming strategy that is in seamless harmony across our subscriber base as well as all of our partner teams at Hulu. In other words, we succeed when we simultaneously make our viewers happy while also meeting myriad business goals and objectives. We are seeking a Principal Product Manager who will own and drive a segment of our programming strategy while partnering across the company to drive consensus and alignment, build new capabilities, and continuously test and iterate.
With proven experience optimizing critical, high-traffic surface areas, our ideal candidate will wake up every day with a passion for improving the relationship between our viewers and the shows and movies they’ve already discovered. The right person for this role understands that programming is not just about getting someone to discover something new, but that there is a blend of art and science in how we program and present familiar content to our viewers, and that this balance must be constantly tuned. To this point, our next hire knows that the key to understanding optimization at Hulu is through experimentation, and you will have no shortage of ideas and hypotheses that you are eager to test.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop a long-term, holistic programming strategy that blends new discoveries seamlessly with familiar content
- Work directly with Hulu’s Programming Steering Committee to develop, improve, and evaluate elements of the strategy as they progress from concept to production
- Use analytics and insights to propose and implement effective programming optimizations
- Evangelize team priorities throughout all levels of the organization, regularly presenting and achieving alignment with senior leadership and key cross-functional partners within both Hulu and the wider Disney Streaming organization
- Partner closely with Product Managers across the organization to help define product requirements and drive your roadmap priorities through their constituent teams and workstreams
- Serve as our programming experimentation leader, helping to drive process improvements while also executing on a long and continuously rolling experimentation backlog
WHAT TO BRING
- A minimum of 7 years experience in product management or driving strategy for digital media/streaming businesses
- A proven track record of delivering product features and optimizations that drive engagement
- Experience with user segmentation and cohort analysis
- A strategic mind, always with a view further out than anyone else in the room
- A consistent track record to find creative compromises in challenging circumstances
- History of establishing and maintaining successful cross-functional relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- A demonstrated passion for analytics and a willingness to dive deep into the data
- A sense of humor
- M.B.A. or Masters Degree in a relevant field
- Advanced CS Degree
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.