Principal Software ArchitectApply NowApply Later Job ID 870075BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Feb. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
Hulu's User Content Interactions Platform team is seeking a Principal Software Architect who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building and enhancing our platform to enable Hulu to deliver a dynamic experience to our viewers based on how our viewers interact with content. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
- Design and develop the large-scale, real-time, reliable and globally available platforms.
- Build robust and scalable micro-services and data pipelines.
- End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements.
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Flink, Spark, AWS.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better.
- 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- The quality-first mindset with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
- Proficiency in data streaming technologies such as Spark and Flink
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.