Principal Software Engineer- Billing/Payments/Accounting
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID obYpefww Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer, Subscription lifecycle who will be an outstanding addition to our Payments/Partnership/Accounting Engineering team in Santa Monica. This is an exciting and unique opportunity as Hulu continues to invest heavily to modernize our tech stack. The primary objective of these platform teams is to abstract away the core subscription domains from client teams and centralize all of subscription platform capabilities into one shared layer. As we build out our flexible architecture, the critical contributions of this team will enable our finance/marketing teams to fulfill their vision of growing our subscriber base domestically. Our billing solutions span retail, wholesale and third-party channels and you will collaborate closely with your peers to deliver a world-class solution and this team is responsible for capturing these millions of transactions and build world class subscription system. Currently, if you are someone who has a passion for building, disrupting and innovating, then this is the role for you.
What you'll do
- Lead design and architecture of our robust and scalable payments/partnership/accounting platform
- Building and implementing a large-scale and real-time data process using Spark/Hadoop and AWS infrastructure
- Work with third party partners like iTunes, google pay and integrate their billing systems with hulu subscription systems
- Serve as a catalyst for leading Agile transformation on the team
- Collaborate with product managers and other business partners to achieve functionality & evangelize your team’s work across all organizations at Hulu.
- Collaborate with your peer leadership team in this space to design and architect robust API contracts and scalable microservices for internal clients
- Contribute to the design and delivery of an end-to-end solution supporting our subscriber journey leading to the best experience for our internal technical & business partners as well as our Hulu customers
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Be the go-to person on technical questions
What to bring
- Bachelor or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Strong code design and architectural skills
- Experience with AWS stack
- Strong programming (Kotlin/Scala) and scripting skills
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence and strong analytical skills
- Experience with non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, HDFS
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.