Product Manager (Ad Platform, Order Management)
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 783972BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 13, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Product Manager within the Ad Platform technology team at DMED, you will be a part of the team redefining TV advertising. You will be responsible for establishing product strategy, defining requirements consumable for engineering and driving execution to establish the platform’s future. The right person for this role can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and ultimately drive results. If you are someone who can drive strategy, create data driven experiences and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology, at a fast pace, this is a great role for you.
- Lead and execute a product vision, strategy, and plan for our Order Management toolsets
- Responsible for driving operational efficiency and increasing operating income through our Order Management solutions
- Drive alignment to a common product vision across a diverse set of stakeholders including product, technology, operations, sales, finance, business development, and legal
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap for Order Management innovation and integration activities
- Responsible for management and heath of the product backlog, ensuring definition and prioritization is clearly established
- Set and communicate clear priorities for assigned products based on strategic goals, market conditions, and customer requirements, and regularly communicate product status to relevant partners
- Generate product requirements and documentation consumable for engineering teams to develop against
- Enumerate and identify clear business KPIs for setting annualized objectives and partnering our sales organization to meet those objectives
- Evaluate and recommend investments to maximize the financial results of the product portfolio
- Partner with the Platform Operations team to assess and prioritize stakeholder needs
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably in advertising technology.
- Maintains a deep empathy for our users, and wants to creatively solve problems with a viewer-first mentality
- Strong knowledge of how sales organizations operate and function in media organizations
- Have a do what it takes attitude. Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first
- Experience shipping multiple products in an agile software development environment
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
- Previous experience working with advertising campaign and order management systems
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.