Product Manager, Marketing Data
Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID o6yEefwg Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 04, 2021
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Manager, Data Product Management who will be an exceptional addition to our growing product team. This roll will lead and strengthen a team of skilled data product managers, responsible for delivering data products and solutions for Hulu's needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced data product and career manager, capable of building skilled and engaged teams, having handled several multi-year product roadmaps simultaneously. Candidate is capable of constructing and executing sophisticated, interlocking product solutions, and have demonstrated proficiencies in working both inside and outside the organization to deliver results for viewers, partners, and internal teams. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organization and is recognized as a problem solver who looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you love data and creating products and capabilities to redefine data and how it is utilized, this is a phenomenal role!WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for data products and capabilities aligned to organizational and business goals
- Build relationships with key technology and business teams to ensure success
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Architecture, Data Quality & Governance, Product Design, and other Technical Program Management team members to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features
- Lead and drive teams on all business readiness activities, including product planning, sequencing, testing, user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Develop detailed product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Ability to identify risks, resolve key blockers, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Ability to fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Ability to champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- Minimum of 3+ years in product management experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities
- Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems is critical. (Salesforce, GA, multi-touch attribution, segmentation, campaign management, etc.)
- Planning acumen and proven ability to break down work and define an MVP, as well as subsequent iterations
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem-solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague.
- Managing large scale implementation of data sets including - data ingestion, integration and reporting tools experience.
- Understanding of the Data science workflow, the terminology and the unique challenges associated with the domain
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent.
- Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems (Salesforce, GA, multi-touch attribution, segmentation, campaign management, etc.)
- Shown experience in video streaming and OTT
- Experience with ThoughtSpot, Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search / Solr
- Experience or knowledge of basic programming and DB's technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata)
Additional Information:Product Management
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.