Publicist- HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 897524BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
The Licensed TV & Film Publicist will be responsible for creating and implementing effective publicity/media relations campaigns for Hulu, with a focus on driving strategies and coordination with DMED content partners for original and library content publicity, while also providing communications support for platform marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate is a true self-starter, willing to roll up their sleeves, dig in and support licensed publicity and marketing initiatives via a variety of different tasks and responsibilities. This candidate has a strong understanding of the streaming and traditional television and/or film marketplace and an ability to write publicity communications in a clear, thoughtful and incisive manner. This includes drafting press releases, talking points, and other publicity materials, and handling outreach to key national and local media outlets.
This role requires a strategic and creative mind that is solutions oriented and can work in a fast-changing environment with the ability to adapt quickly under pressure. This role will develop communications strategies for PR campaigns. Heavy focus on pitching stories to media outlets, including print and electronic reporters and critics, online outlets and influencers.
- Aid with creative & thoughtful, out-of-the-box, buzzworthy PR campaigns to support licensed, Original and acquired content across TV & Film titles
- Write first drafts of publicity communications documents: media pitches, press releases, schedules, etc
- Establish and uphold collaborative relationships with DMED content partners
- Ensure press are armed with assets and info in a timely manner. Update the press site frequently.
- Develop publicity campaigns that support licensed and exclusive TV and film titles and drive viewer engagement
- Track media coverage and gather media recap reports
- Assist with publicity department budget management and planning
- Coordinate talent schedules and handle logistics, such as booking flights, hotels and cars
- Support team in communications with external stakeholders and talent on various shows to ensure alignment on publicity tactics
- Research industry trends and media opportunities and present to wider team
- Collaborate closely with other departments, including marketing, media, content and social
- Support additional Live and Licensed marketing campaigns as needed
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in entertainment marketing and publicity
- Bachelors Degree in Communication, Publicity or similar field
- Deep passion for TV, films and entertainment and clear POV on where the industry is heading
- Ability to multitask and toggle between supporting PR campaigns and day-to-day team functions (i.e. budgets, clippings, etc.)
- Proactively thinks of what needs to be done to support Live/Licensed team
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times (i.e. with press, talent, etc.)
- Baseline knowledge of press outlets/contacts
- Diverse knowledge of pop culture, television and film (past & present)
- Experience managing and working not only cross functionally, but daily with strategic partners
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.