Senior Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781144BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Bundle - Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ in one product - is central to the growth of Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming offering in the US. The Bundle Acquisition Marketing Analytics team uses data, statistical modeling/techniques, experimentation frameworks, and other tools to help our stakeholders - the Bundle marketing teams at Disney Streaming Services and Hulu - make informed, data-driven decisions to continue driving Bundle growth. With our work, we aim to answer two questions: what is our marketing (paid and owned) doing for us and how do we optimize it? The Sr Analyst role will play a critical role in answering these questions by providing support across experimentation, measurement, and cross-portfolio visibility; they will work closely with Marketing, Data Science, Data Solutions, and other teams to not only provide high-visibility, in-depth insights on Bundle acquisition, but will become a true thought partner to our stakeholders, helping to craft strategy. The ideal candidate has a passion for digital and linear media landscapes and using advanced analytics, including modeling, to solve complex business problems.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define the most pressing business questions on Bundle acquisition trends and drivers and build analytical frameworks to answer these questions
- Help to craft an ongoing experimentation program, including hypothesis formulation, experimental design, significance-setting, and post-experiment analysis
- Perform holistic campaign lift analyses with causal-inference techniques and by developing novel approaches; identify and measure drivers of campaign success; present findings to stakeholders and senior management
- Thoroughly understand and continue to help evolve the attribution conversation for the Bundle, including reconciling measurement, developing channel-level experimentation and lift measurement, and providing cross-portfolio cost analytics
- Define and analyze audience segments to continue driving Bundle growth
- Help to craft the requirements for Bundle-specific Marketing Mix Models and perform analysis of model results, presenting mix recommendations to Marketing partners
- Partner with stakeholders to understand and harness all available Bundle acquisition data from disparate sources, and occasionally assist with data access and automation via dashboards and ad-hoc analyses
- 4+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with R/Python/SAS (or another statistical analysis tool) and SQL
- Extensive, proven work experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, and other quantitative approaches, including but not limited to in-depth knowledge of linear and logistic regression, significance testing, data preparation for modeling, and segmentation techniques. Causal inference experience a plus
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends, and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Experience with creating, executing, and analyzing complex AB/MVT test constructs to test stakeholder hypotheses
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong presentation skills, including the abilities to tell a story with data and to synthesize findings into actionable recommendations
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience working with Marketing teams or in the Marketing landscape
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.