Senior Analyst, Strategic GrowthApply NowApply Later Job ID 886731BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Hulu’s Strategic Growth team is seeking a Senior Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to this high-impact group. The Strategic Growth team is uniquely positioned within Hulu to develop and deliver growth initiatives that drive Hulu’s most critical KPIs, ranging from product launches to our flagship promotions. In this role, you will collaborate with teammates from marketing, product, finance, and data analytics to identify, define, and execute top priority projects for Hulu’s subscriber and revenue growth. The right person for this job is someone who combines a strategic mindset with analytical chops to confidently lead cross-functional workstreams. If you are someone who is passionate about crafting and executing ideas that will continue the transformation of our media landscape, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
- Work cross-functionally to analyze and uncover opportunities to identify and build step change subscriber growth initiatives
- Develop executive-ready presentations that succinctly communicate the strategy and go-to-market recommendation for these growth opportunities to business leaders
- Support cross-functional partners in the implementation of growth initiatives, keeping leadership informed of key achievements and overall timeline
- Monitor performance of implemented strategies in partnership with finance and data teams to inform future strategies
- 3-5 years of professional experience with demonstrated success in driving and influencing cross-functional initiatives
- Exceptional quantitative & analytical abilities and proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of curiosity and self-motivation in digging deeper into data / trends and driving impactful insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capability to interact across all levels and support decision-making
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Proactive by nature and comfortability with problem-solving and navigating through ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative with a team-first attitude
- Experience in media, tech or with subscription business models
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with common reporting tools (Tableau) are a plus
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics or another quantitative field
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.