Senior AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID P006835-R0009889 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 20, 2021
Hulu’s Marketing Advanced Analytics team is seeking a Senior Analyst, Advanced Analytics Marketing who will be an exceptional addition to our team. Digital Marketing Data is central to measuring all aspects of our digital marketing strategies across content, brand and acquisition; and is critical to our operations and growth. The Sr. Analyst role will play a critical role in supporting our core marketing measurement, analyses and reporting needs. They will work closely with Marketing, Data Engineering, Data Product, and partner agencies to drive strategy and optimizations across the business. The ideal candidate has a passion for digital and linear media landscapes and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of each step in the marketing journey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create, deliver and continuously improve our business measurement solutions
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities
- Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data
- Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
- Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria and/or aggregations
- Analyze subscriber and behavior data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Partner with our Product, Engineering and QE team to build and automate reports and dashboards that provide insights into business measurement and effectiveness
- Build intuitive presentations, interfaces, infographics and visualizations to create a data-driven narrative in partnership with our Strategic Planning and Marketing stakeholders
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
WHAT TO BRING
- 4+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or R/Python
- Proficiency with SQL
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Datorama, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, Tableau
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Experience with creating, executing and analyzing complex AB/MVT test constructs in order to test stakeholder hypotheses
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Thoughtspot or Looker. It’s a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.