Senior Application Security Engineer
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776348BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 12, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
This role within GIS will support information security operations and initiatives at Hulu, the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu captivates and connects viewers with the stories they love. We’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun.
- Develop security services and integrations to be used in CI/CD and consumed by development teams
- Triage vulnerabilities identified by code scanning tools
- Engage with developers to provide remediation support
- Assist with code reviews and develop secure libraries
- Perform security reviews of new services and features
- Perform web application penetration testing
- Participate in incident response and analysis
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud environments (development/architecture)
- Understanding beyond the OWASP Top 10 by explaining the level of risk to the business.
- Has successfully managed or participated in bug bounty programs
- Contributed to open source projects
- Practiced threat modeling applications
- Security+ or other industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.