Senior Associate, ComedyApply NowApply Later Job ID oxKxffwN Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May 28, 2021
A Senior Associate at Hulu will serve as the organizational hub and creative support for the department at large. They will be responsible for the ongoing management of the team’s grids and development cycles, liaise with internal departments on shared projects that pertain to Originals. They will partner in creative endeavors under the supervision of senior executives.
- Senior Associate will maintain the tracking, development and book grids for the comedy team as well as collaborate with the production team to help maintain the production report and decision calendar. They will be responsible for disseminating all of this information to the team including weekly update emails.
- Work with in-house teams (including marketing and publicity) to distribute materials, facilitate creative asset creation, share grids, and provide answers and support to Originals. Build strong relationships with industry counterparts – covering agents and coordinator level execs at studios and production companies.
- Senior Associate will coordinate the workflow of the development cycle periods and update the cycle decision calendar as needed.
- Responsible for working in tandem with department head in the creation and maintenance of all Disney related updates and presentation decks to senior management.
- Senior Associate will coordinate with the accounting team to ensure all payments for incoming material are processed in a timely manner and all monthly write-offs are communicated.
- Evaluate incoming material for potential development or series consideration. They will receive predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review.
- Develop a deep understanding of Hulu’s brand values, key demo target/s, and business objectives to help determine what original series will move the needle for the brand and generate significant commercial value.
- Where needed, Senior Associate will provide creative support to senior executives on development projects. Contributing notes on written material and cuts, as well as liaising with external partners when necessary.
- Track up-and-coming talent, projects and IP throughout the industry to highlight on-brand and on-mandate material. Form and maintain strong relationships with counterparts at agencies and production companies in order to stay ahead of incoming material.
- A knowledge and passion for comedy both scripted and adult animation.
- Grow a working knowledge of the business side with Business Affairs.
- Represent Hulu externally with the creative community.
- Handle confidential and other sensitive information.
- A minimum of 4 years of desk experience in the TV industry.
- Relationships throughout the industry.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Adept at technology, including MAC and PC systems, MS Office and related.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – collaboration skills are essential.
- Clear, thoughtful, creative POV.
- Capacity to engage professionally with associates at every level.
- A confident and positive attitude and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proactive, thoughtful, curious and passionate about content and the business of Hulu.
- Embodies the Hulu Values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.