Senior Brand Insights ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 975280BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Manage the process of planning and executing qualitative and quantitative research studies (i.e. questionnaire development, programming, and testing surveys, analyzing results, and producing final reports). Much of Hulu’s primary research is conducted in-house and candidates should be comfortable writing questionnaires, working with various internal databases, analyzing raw data, creating reports from scratch as well as presenting and sharing those results to various stakeholders.
- Work with team and key stakeholders among Hulu’s Marketing, Product, and Distribution teams as well as collaborate with Disney counterparts to frame research objectives/plan
- Coordinate with research partners (both internal and external), ensuring processes are running smoothly
- Synthesize primary and secondary data from multiple sources (i.e. Nielsen, MRI, SNL Kagan) to tell a holistic story. Identify market trends and customer insights and translate them into actionable ideas and strategies.
- Thinks strategically in identifying research needs to support business goals and OKRs
- Stay abreast of television, OTT, and research industry news, trends, and best practices
- 5+ years of entertainment research experience, preferably at a market research supplier focused on the Entertainment vertical
- Experience executing qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience with Ad Tracking, Ad Campaign Effectiveness, Brand Lift Studies, Copy Testing, Creative Testing, and Multicultural research preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
- Comfortable working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Ability to be strategic as well as dive into the data to answer research and business questions
- Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media, and technology
- Strong PowerPoint/Excel and Google sheets/slides skills as well as survey tools such as Qualtrics/Survey Gizmo
- Experience with SPSS or other analytical tools such as R/SAS/SQL
- Experience with secondary/syndicated research tools (Nielsen, MRI, SNL Kagan, Omdia)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills, focused on telling a story with insights
- Coaching/mentoring junior team members on project execution without direct managerial responsibility
- Team player, collaborative and inclusive
- Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) streaming service or a research company working with a DTC streaming service.
- Advanced statistics capabilities
- BA/BS in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, or related field. Must have a strong academic record and analytical background.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.