Senior Content Acquisition AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID oCycffwl Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 24, 2021
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Senior Associate who will be an exceptional addition to our TV content team. As a Senior Content Acquisition Associate, you will participate in the content acquisition process - tracking and evaluating content opportunities, supporting our programming strategy through rigorous analysis of data, operationalizing closed agreements, and providing ongoing deal management. This role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights, dynamic interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively drive change - all at a breakneck pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Track and evaluate content, both off-Hulu for potential licensing opportunities and on-Hulu for performance analysis
- Operationalize deals, managing aspects of deal close and on-going deal management, including collaboration with Marketing, Product, PR, Finance, and Legal
- Contribute to strategic relationships with content partners and support the negotiation of licensed deals
- Support the formulation and communication of content strategy using data to support key business decisions and optimize our content portfolio
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the strategy of the Content Acquisition TV team and Hulu overall
WHAT TO BRING
- Exceptional attention to detail and process management
- Experience in and passion for TV content, particularly Unscripted TV
- Highly proficient skill in quantitative analysis and data-driven storytelling
- 3+ years of relevant work experience at either a major media / streaming company or a top consulting firm / investment bank
- Effective communication skills to disseminate information to relevant stakeholders
- Strong business judgment, and proven strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of how/why the industry is changing and interest in monitoring market dynamics
- Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision
- Desire to be a strong team player and work collaboratively
- Hands-on experience in the TV industry, especially experiences that brought you into contact with content strategy and/or writing script coverage
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.