Senior Content Acquisition Manager - AnimeApply NowApply Later Job ID oDycffwm Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 24, 2021
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Senior Content Acquisition Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our TV content team. As a Senior Content Acquisition Manager with a focus on driving Hulu’s Anime portfolio, you will participate in the content acquisition process - tracking and evaluating programming opportunities, defining our Anime content strategy through rigorous analysis of data and market dynamics, representing that strategy internally, identifying new opportunities and negotiating directly with our content partners, and working across the company to operationalize the deals our team has negotiated. You will also support management of APAC content opportunities (e.g., Korean Drama) for Hulu. This role demands someone who can blend content expertise, quantitative output, interpersonal skill, and a strong subjective filter to own partnerships, create actionable insights, and successfully drive Hulu’s Anime portfolio - at times at a breakneck pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead day-to-day management and acquisition process for Hulu’s Anime portfolio with domestic and international partners and support overall management of APAC content opportunities
- Develop and own strategic relationships with content partners and negotiate licensing and co-production deals working closely with the Business Affairs / Legal departments
- Formulate dynamic content strategies and communicate those strategies internally and externally
- Track and vet new content for quality, appeal, and fit with Hulu’s programming priorities and strategic objectives
- Work collaboratively with our Finance team to value content opportunities, and collaborate with Marketing, Scheduling, Product, and PR to ensure deal parameters of negotiated deals are communicated and executed
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the broader strategy of the Content Acquisition TV team and Hulu overall
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of relevant work experience at either a major media or production company, with deep first-hand knowledge of the Anime content market, negotiation process, and all relevant content suppliers
- Great business judgment, proven strategic thinking, and demonstrated consensus building skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and process management and a passion for Anime content
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision
- Highly proficient skill in quantitative analysis and data-driven storytelling
- Strong evidence of effective verbal and written communication
- Desire to be a strong team player and work collaboratively
- Experience on both the production and business side of the entertainment industry
- Fluency in a foreign language (Japanese preferred)
- Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.