Senior Content Acquisition Manager (Hulu)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 986758BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Responsibilities:• Develop and own strategic relationships with non-domestic content partners and negotiate licensing deals for first run exclusive and library deals, in partnership with Legal
• Track and vet new content for quality, appeal, and fit with our programming strategies
• Drive the formulation and communication of our local language content strategy internally and externally
• Create models and presentations supporting international content strategies and deal proposals, and work collaboratively with our Finance team to value content opportunities, using data to drive key business decisions and optimize our content portfolio
• Operationalize deals, managing all aspects of deal close and on-going deal management, including collaboration with Operations, Marketing, PR, and Finance to ensure deal parameters of our negotiated deals are communicated and executed
• Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the strategy of the TV Content team and Hulu overall
Basic Qualifications:• 7+ years of relevant work experience at a major media company or a top tier consulting firm/investment bank
• Exceptional communication, organizational, and quantitative analysis skills
• Firsthand dealmaking experience for content licensing
• Fluency in Spanish and expertise in the LATAM/Spanish language content market
• Understanding of multicultural content and how to serve diverse audiences
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
• Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
Preferred Qualifications:• Hands-on experience in the TV industry, especially ones that brought you into contact with content strategy and writing script coverage
Required Education• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Education• MBA preferred
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.